Instagram Reels have become immensely popular as a way to create and share short, entertaining videos. While Instagram provides users with the option to save Reels within the app, many people often want to download them for offline viewing or sharing with friends.
According to a report by TechCrunch, Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram, announced on Tuesday through his Instagram broadcast channel that users now have the ability to download public Reels. This new feature aims to facilitate the sharing of Reels content outside the app [cm_simple_footnote id=”1“].
In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of downloading Instagram Reels on various platforms. Please note that it’s essential to respect the intellectual property rights of content creators and only download Reels for personal use or with the creator’s permission.
[powerkit_toc title=”Jump To” depth=”2″ min_count=”2″ min_characters=”1000″ btn_hide=”true” default_state=”expanded”]
Before we proceed, it’s important to mention that downloading Instagram Reels without the creator’s permission might be against Instagram’s terms of service. Therefore, make sure to use this guide responsibly and ethically.
Method 1: Downloading Instagram Reels via the Instagram App
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Reel you wish to download. You can do this by scrolling through your feed, exploring the Reels tab, or visiting a specific user’s profile.
- Once you’ve found the Reel, tap on the three dots (⋮) located in the bottom-right corner of the post.
- In the menu that appears, tap on “Save” or “Save to Camera Roll” (the exact wording may vary based on your device and operating system).
- The Reel will be saved to your device’s photo gallery or camera roll, and you can access it offline whenever you want.
Method 2: Downloading Instagram Reels using Third-Party Apps/Websites
If you want more flexibility in terms of video formats or wish to download Reels on your computer, you can use third-party apps or websites that facilitate the process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Using a Third-Party App:
- Install a reputable third-party app like “InSaver for Instagram” (Android) or “Repost for Instagram” (iOS).
- Open the Instagram app and find the Reel you want to download.
- Tap on the three dots (⋮) located in the bottom-right corner of the Reel.
- Choose the “Copy Link” option from the menu.
- Open the third-party app you installed earlier.
- The app should automatically detect the copied Instagram link. If not, paste it manually.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app to download the Reel to your device.
Using a Third-Party Website:
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to Instagram’s website (instagram.com) and log in to your account.
- Find the Reel you wish to download.
- Right-click on the Reel and select “Inspect” or “Inspect Element.” This will open the browser’s developer tools.
- In the developer tools window, locate and select the “Network” tab.
- Refresh the Instagram page (press F5 or click the refresh button).
- In the network tab, filter the requests by typing “mp4” in the search bar.
- Look for a request that includes “mp4” and has a long string of numbers and letters. This is the video file you’re looking for.
- Right-click on the video file and choose “Open in a new tab.”
- The video will open in a new tab. Right-click on it and select “Save Video As” to download it to your computer.
Downloading Instagram Reels allows you to enjoy them offline or share them with others easily. While Instagram provides an in-app option to save Reels, you can also utilize third-party apps or websites for more flexibility. Always remember to
respect the intellectual property rights of content creators and only download Reels for personal use or with their permission. Happy downloading!